8 Creating a calculator from a spreadsheet file (PRO)
With this module it's possible to load a calculation sheet, therefore the product's calculator will be based on this calculation sheet when working out the prices.
- Click on "Load Calculator"
- Find the calculation sheet using the "Browse" function, select it and click on "Upload"
- Choose the desired sheet from the list and click on "Next"
- From this screen the cells in the sheet can be mapped to the ones in the calculator. The Input fields must be set, meaning the fields that will be used by the visitors to insert the data, along with the Output cells that holds the formulas which will show the output values. Anyway you're required to map the Price field, because it's the default field. If the output spreadsheet cell contains a numeric value, it will be displayed to the visitor a formatted numeric value by following the rules of the field. If the output spreadsheet cell contains a string value, it will be displayed a text to the visitor.
Once all the fields have been mapped, click on "Next".
You can set a Base Price cell. AWS Price Calculator writes in this cell the WooCommerce Product Regular Price.
- The information that must be given to the calculator will be displayed:
- * Name: This value is only needed to remember what the calculator is for, and to find it in the list of calculators
- Description: A more detailed description of what the calculator does
- Input fields: Show or hide the input fields you want. To show move to right, to hide move to left the item. You can drag&drop the fields on the right to change fields order.
- Output fields: Show or hide the output fields you want. To show move to right, to hide move to left the item. You can drag&drop the fields on the right to change fields order.
- Overwrite WooCommerce Weight: You can overwrite the default weight of WooCommerce by setting a output field. In this way the weight will be calculated by using the spreadsheet formula.
- Products: The products that the calculator must be linked to; you can assign the calculator to whole categories.
- Redirect to checkout if "Add to cart" is clicked: The visitor goes directly to the checkout
- Empty cart: If "Yes" it empties the cart when a product has been added to the cart. It's useful for services.
- Themes: The theme used to see the calculator
To modify a mapping calculator, click on "Edit Mapping" in the calculator list. To edit the other information click on "Edit".
Price format and price approximation are made by WooCommerce (See WooCommerce > Settings > General tab)